Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bienvenue!

So hey there, and welcome to day one of the jessinatrix's blog. More specifically, welcome to day 11 of me not smoking!
One would postulate that, by now, the nicotine having left my system, things would be going rather swimmingly. Yeah, not so much.
Suffice to say, I have been, in the past week or so, making an effort not to go out as to avoid associating drinking with smoking. Yeah, well, what am I doing tonight? I'm sitting at home. Drinking. With nothing to do between drinks but change the channel. And, oh yeah, nic fit. You'd think it wouldn't be a big deal, but it's amazing what both the power of suggestion and the absence of an action-related habit will do to a girl. What also didn't help was having to out last night. I know, I make that sound like a chore. Damn! I have to go out. Point of fact, I play on a pool team. More specifically, I used to play on a team, one which I abandoned but have recently agreed to return to - strictly as a substitute to avoid the necessity of a forfeit. So yeah, that didn't help too much being out last night. But I persevered. Now, if I could just maintain my lack of smoking without gaining weight. Have I mentioned that I'm in the process of losing 100 pounds? Another story for another day.

In any case, welcome to the idle mind of Jess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home