Thursday, April 20, 2006

Riddle me this, Batman

Explain to me why, or how, we kick so very much ass, winning 11 of our first 15 games (oh yeah, Red Sox, btw) and yet lose 5-1!!!!!! to Tampa fucking Bay! What's the deal? Is it that we only try when it counts? When it's against purported division rivals fine, but against TB don't waste your fucking strength? Btw, TB is in our division people! Fine, let's pretend we're just filling in for the team that we sent down to Pawtucket! Is that it? Did we have different players out there?
I understand there's always a learning curve for a new catcher dealing with a knuckleballer. I'm actually not blaming him, well not too much. Wakes was left in too long. But that's besides the point considering that our offense didn't do a goddamn thing to support him. Piss poor showing. That's all I can say. So now we're 11-5, still a tremendous start, still the best record in baseball, but I expected more, given the schedule we've been faced with thus far. I guess I can find comfort in knowing that we didn't give the two wins to the otherwise winless Kansas City Royals. Hey, I may live in Chicago, but I'm not exactly loyal to the White Sox.
Ah well, if nothing else, at least the Yanks are tied for last in the division. I don't expect it to last, but I will most definitely savor this however long we spend at the top of the AL Division stat.
'nuff said. I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again, let's move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home