Sunday, March 18, 2007

Not far now...

Went against my better judgement last night and went out.
Generally, I make it a rule not to go out on St. Patrick's Day weekend, seeing as how it's pretty much an amateur night out for binge drinkers.
However, Dave arrived home from a bar and informed me that he, his girlfriend and another friend were going out karaoking.
Well, how could I say no? It had been a while since I'd stretched my vocal muscles.

So off we went.
It was fun, but a little draining.

I did my standards - "Love is a Battlefield," "Son of a Preacher Man," and "Brass in Pocket."
And, of course, Dave and I did our duo bit for "Draggin' the Line." Always a good one.

It had been awhile since I'd gone out for a late night and around 1:30 I had been wanting to go home for an hour, but wanted to wait to split the cab fare.
Went up to Dave - "Are you almost ready to go?"
He was standing with his girlfriend, looked at a watch, looked at his beer, and shook his head.

'Nuff said. I was off.

I ended up walking home. Not much cash on hand.
Normally this wouldn't be a problem. It's not much more than a mile from the bar back to the apartment.
Of course, I was wearing unsensible shoes.
I mean really, what's a 5' 11" girl to do when going out but to wear boots that make her 6' 1"?
That combined with a little more of a chill in the air made it a long clomp home.
But I'm back, awaked, tired, a little hungover. But still glad I went out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Did you get any whistles and "Eh, Baby!"?

3/19/2007 8:18 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Um, not so much.
Seem to be lacking the 'it' factor that garners catcalls.
Maybe after I lose some more weight - hey, gotta have goals!

3/20/2007 12:14 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Blogs are a battlefield...Miss Benetar....I hope you're well, and as always, I miss you, my mid-west (?) blogger friend.

3/20/2007 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home