Monday, March 05, 2007

Passing fears

So, yesterday scared the crap out of me.
I woke up at 10AM, when I had set my tv to turn itself on so I could watch the last half hour of George Stefanopolous.
Things got weird, and pretty damn frightening.

I've experienced sleep paralysis before, when your mind wakes up but your body doesn't and you can't move, even though you're aware and want to.
Happens more often than I'd like, but I've become kind of used to it. It usually passes after a few minutes, fifteen max.

I was unable to move or get out of bed until 2PM.

I just lay there, freaked out.
Tried to talk, nothing. Turns out my roommate wasn't home anyway, so that didn't matter.
But for a few, terrifying hours, I really felt like I was circling the drain.
Not a pleasant experience, although by 1:30 or so, I'd kind of made some kind of peace with everything.
I wouldn't say I was ready, but I was more ok than not.

Turned out, that proved unnecessary, since, you know, I'm here and typing and all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Holy sh*t.......I'm so happy you're still here with me, and I feel bad about not stopping by earlier in the week.
Jess, be well...you can count on me! Peter

3/08/2007 9:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rest well, my thoughts are with you.

3/08/2007 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home