Friday, February 16, 2007

Baby Steps

So, I don't make New Year's Resolutions.
They never stick.

The weight loss attempt thing is ongoing, perpetually, so certainly not worthy of a once-per-year declaration.

One thing I did consciously attempt was to stop biting my nails. Go figure, the big girl who smokes has an oral fixation.
Finally, something I was capable of accomplishing and did, in fact, do.

Observe.



So, if nothing else, I've accomplished one goal, albeit minor and otherwise unimportant when compared to my other, ongoing goals.

But there you have it.
Yay, me!

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

I believe tha would be ten goals...each finger and the two thumbs included! Hi Jess.......still cold here, but soon to warm uo (35) by Wednesday.
Great job! And thanks for stopping by all the time...you're the best!

2/17/2007 8:30 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

I wish I spellchecked my comments as well as I do my posts...but, you got what I meant...I hope! Peter....have a great weekend..thinkin' of you.

2/17/2007 8:32 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

And it's Sunday, a relatively warm 19 degrees. After Monday, when it will be bone-chilling fingernail snapping (No, not THAT!) weather, the temps are supposed to return to the normalish 38-40 degee F. level. I can live with that.
I hope you are feeling good. Your blog holds a special place in my heart, always and forever. Gotta go Jess...have a great baseball-less Sunday. Your bloggy friend Peter.

2/18/2007 6:45 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

And thanks for stopping in to read my sometimes mindless but sometimes funny ramblings. I mean that!!!!!!!!!

2/18/2007 6:46 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hi Peter,
Thanks, as always!
About the same temp here, but Monday, as with you, should be warm enough to melt some snow.

2/18/2007 9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Small victories bring the ability to tackle larger ones, but I don't know the answer to your hair in humidity. Mine goes absolutely flat and I look like an IT nerd.

2/19/2007 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home