Tuesday, January 30, 2007

If only I cared

I have yet to live in the city that I want to have win a national title.
I was living in Chicago all three time the Patriots won the Super Bowl.
Likewise, I was living in Chicago the one time in my lifespan the Red Sox won the World Serioes.

I honestly, really and wholeheartedly, wish I really cared if the Bears won the upcoming Super Bowl.
Sadly, I can't.

Naturally, I would prefer that they win, versus the alternative of the Colts who eliminated my precious Patriots, but, beyond that, I really don't give a rat's ass.

At this point, all I'm concerned about is finding a spot at the bar before the game starts on Sunday.
I want the Bears to win, naturally. But, more importantly, I want to be able to sit among Chicagoans as I watch it take place.
While standing room only maybe something relegated to transplants, I think I've lived here long enough to warrant my own seat. Dammitt.

As long as people hush up during commercials and the Colts don't win, I'm a happy camper.

Despite '85-86 - Go Bears!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If the Bears win on Sunday, just picture Tom Brady with his hands in the air after their last superbowl victory.

Either that or yell "The Bears Still Suck!" and watch the ensuing mayhem.

1/31/2007 5:44 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Heh, there is that.
Haven't heard that song in years. Sure beats hearing the Bears fight song ad infinitum.

2/01/2007 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home