Monday, January 15, 2007

Exhaling, now.

Amazing what freaking out will do for one's tolerance of alcohol.

Yesterday I watched two insanely exciting football games.
The Bears game went into overtime, which freaked me out because, well, for lack of any kind of loyalty made me root for the Bears and, of course the Patriots game which, I can honestly say made me freak out as much as I ever have, with the exception of every game following game three of the ALCS when the Sox played the Yanks.

I was honestly freaking out, and pacing, all afternoon yesterday.
Funnily enough, I was actually creating concern amongst those who know me.
Mind you, if I were living on the East Coast, it wouldn't be an issue but since the very exciting Bears game was over, I was the only transplant in the bar freaking out about the Patriot's game.

Thankfully, all ended as it should and, currently, I'm looking at a rematch of the 1985-6 season, you know, when the Pats got reamed by the Bears.

Well, I think I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to a rematch. Of course, we have to beat the Colts first, and, the Bears have to beat the Saints, but, barring everything else, I'm looking forward to a little retribution.

Suffice to say, although I was young during the '85-86 season, I was old enough to care and be mortally wounded by the outcome of the Bears trouncing the Pats. While we may have won three SuperBowls since then, I still feel a need for retribution.

I'll let it go at that for now, I'll update should the need present itself, provided that the Pats and the Bears both win come this Sunday.

Postscript: I was kinda tipsy when I wrote this post, hence a lot of repetition and grammatical errors. I left it as is because, well, that's me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

As-is is just fine Jess! And I know that pace so well, usually when the Sox bullpen comes into play during a close game. I hope we have what it takes in the 'pen for '07....or our great rotation will be wasted. Tragic dust.

1/21/2007 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home