Saturday, December 09, 2006

In Absentia

Where's my best friend?
In a word: Absent.

And I can't really begrudge him that.
His life is going swimmingly lately.
New girlfriend. New job. Good shit. Really.

However....


Thursdays used to be ours days. Roommates night out, if you will.
Then he started training for his bike ride.
Then my favorite bartender stopped working on Thursdays so it all became moot anyway.

Then, thank goodness, football season came around and Sundays were our days again.
Out watching the games, even on Monday when our team played each other (ie: Patriots vs. Vikings).

But even then, that became a rarity.
Despite the inherent rivalry (his girlfriend's a Bears fan) he has become spoken for on Sundays as well.
So I'm a little sad. Crestfallen, if you will, for, even though we're roommates, we don't really spend any time with each other, at least, not on purpose, and it feels like the last excuse to has fallen by the wayside.

Of course I wish the best for him with this new love interest, and, admittedly, I do enjoy having the apartment to myself when he spends the night at her place but, nonetheless, I miss my friend. He is at least as much my brother if not more than my biological brother is, and yet, though my bio brother lives further away, I feel the distance is at least equal. Makes me a little bummed. Especially since, while his life is going well, my life isn't and I feel like there's no one close by to commiserate with.

I'm sure this will pass (my glumness mind you, hopefully not his happiness) and all will in some respect return to some flavor of equillibrium but, until then, well, I'm a little extra sad, ontop of my inherent, if medicated, depression.

And for those that know my to comment on the Red Sox - well, actions on their part have been to confusing for me to comment on of late.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Go Pats!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

And hi there! For a minute I thought you meant me! Thank you for the b'day wishes...the Pats did a great job losing today. But I did want to touch base and say how much your comments mean to me! You are the best Jess. Peter, one year older but maybe not wiser. Take care, and be happy...please?

12/10/2006 2:58 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Oh Peter, of course not you! You're kind enough to stop by and share friendly words, which I absolutely appreciate. Really, very much.

Yeah, Pats pooched it today, somethin' fierce, but it looks like the Jets are doing the same, so all is not lost.

All is well. Well, well enough anyway, yes? Yes.

12/10/2006 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home