Saturday, October 28, 2006

This is what my life has become

First things first, still a little hungover today. Granted it is now after 6PM but I made the mistake of enjoying rum and fruit juice last night at the Globe's halloween party. Booze plus sugar, never good for the noggin. Ah well, I deserved it.
I was working the door, checking ID's and taking cash for the party and, in return, drinking for free. Ouch. But it was fun socializing with random, becostumed and therefore close to unrecognizable patrons. Good times. Moving right along.

So, I came to a bit of a realization just recently. I have absolutely no intention of going out tonight, between the lack of cashflow and just being pooped, it's just not going to happen.

As I'm sitting at my computer, contemplating the thought of a Saturday night spent in, I go over to my Netflix page and begin perusing my queue. Twenty some-odd minutes later, I've reorganized my queue to allow spacing between discs of tv series, reprioritized movies, and so on. So as I'm doing this I basically decided that I was doing the equivalent of arranging a sock drawer, aka what people like me without much of a social life currently, do on a lifeless Saturday night. Felt a little pathetic there for a second. But not to worry, I'm over it.

So, I'll get some rest, watch some football tomorrow and rest up again as Monday Night football is my big game of the week. This'll be an in-bar rivalry it seems as my roommate is a Vikings fan and I, of course, support the Pats. Either way, it'll be fine, I did live in Minnesota for nine years after all, so there shouldn't be any real hard feelings on my part should the Patriots lose. I will be sorely surprised and disappointed, but that's it.

2 Comments:

Blogger KAYLEE said...

I dont have much of a social life either but,i so spend alot of time with my boyfriend(who is a yankees fan)and being a red sox fan he drives me nuts.I love the patriots too.GO PATRIOTS!:)I live in arizona now but i was born in boston and lived there til about 3 years ago.(:)
-kaylee

10/28/2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger KAYLEE said...

The monday night game will be a great game!
-kaylee

10/28/2006 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home