Saturday, October 07, 2006

Overhung, and stating the obvious

I'm slowly approaching feeling human today.
This, after going out last night with a couple of friends for some serious sushi and sake intake. Kind of a preemptive strike against my birthday.

Suffice to say, I'm going to back to bed after this post.
But it's amazing to me, not that it should be, how far my IQ drops when I'm hungover.
So I'm laying in bed, watching the Illinois-Indiana game.
The score is 31-32. I pause, and actually say outloud, to no one in particular, "wow, this game's really close!" So few functioning brain cells today.

Ah well. A few more gallons of water, maybe my IQ'll reach the triple digits again.
In the meantime, last night was fantabulous. Between the sushi, the sake, the great company and, oh yeah, getting to a bar to watch the end of the Yankees loss to the Tigers, it was just a joy and a treat all around.

Apparently, I'm more of a sushi aficionado than I thought. My friends were impressed with my knowledge of sushi and sake and were persuaded to try some new sushi types, all with great appreciation. So, it looks like I'll be a mainstay in their future sushi outings. Like I really needed convincing. I'm just happy to have local sushi buddies.

Ok, back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home