Monday, September 04, 2006

Drinking with a time limit

is almost always a bad idea.

On Saturday, some friends of mine and I went to a relatively new bar in Chicago called The Spot.
My friend had won a deal where as many friends as she wanted could go there and drink for free from 10-11 and, for $10 more, we could continue that until midnight.
So we were off. Arriving around 10:30PM we were feeling behind schedule and began sprint drinking.
Never a good idea.

Nonetheless, a good time was had by all.
We ended up lingering until around 1:30AM at which point most of the people there decided to go to a friends house to play pool, poker and drink more.
Normally, I would've joined in, but this person's apartment was not close enough to home for me to walk, so I had one of them drop me off at Ten Cat, one of my favorite bars in my neighborhood, where I knew I could have a couple more, play some pool and, most imporantly, walk home.

Safe to say, this is the latest I've been out in a while. Typically, I'm out early, home early, and feeling fine the next morning. That night, well, I was not at my brightest.

I stayed til close, which, in Chicago, unless it's a late night bar, is 3AM on Saturdays. Then I stayed a little longer. Ah the "benefit" of having once worked there and still knowing the bartenders that do.

At any rate, got home around 4:30AM and subsequently lost a day yesterday.
Up at 11, but certainly not feeling like I should be alive.
Dave had gotten home around the same time as me from his outing but appeared to have fared better, as he was out yesterday afternoon for some pre-Labor Day drinks.

I got a call from him around 6, urging me to come join him. Normally, I would've but there was simply no way. I had some Thai food, some water and played some Katamari before turning in for the night, bright and early.

If nothing else, I'm feeling well rested and fully recovered today, if still not too bright. It's the Sox v Sox tonight and I'll be out watching the game no doubt, if more responsibly in my alcohol consumption.

So there you have it.
Have a wonderful and safe Labor Day all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

What's Katamari?...inquiring minds (mine) want to know. Nice to have you back writing. Some of us depend on your posts, everyday.

9/05/2006 11:13 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Ah yes, Katamari.
More specifically, "We Love Katamari," a very goofy yet addictive game that my roommate has on his playstation2.
It loses a little something just describing it. One must play to fully appreciate the nonsensical fun. Basically, you're rolling things up, like when you're rolling a snowman, the snow catches on more snow to get bigger. Well, with Katamari, you roll things up, be it candy, clovers, people, animals, eventually the world (including Mt. Fuji, of course). It's good fun, very silly, but fun.

9/05/2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

OK. I love a good video game. I also love trivia. There was a trivia game on the internet called, and I'm taxing my memory, something like buzzz.something, and I was way great. And this from a guy that was in the Jeopardy pre-trials in NYC. Take care Jess. Love ya!

9/06/2006 8:32 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Hey gal!!! How are ya?

I've been away from my desk all summer...just blogging by borrowing a computer...so sorry if I haven't been a regular visitor, but I shall make up for that.

What a night you must have had, ouch I feel your pain. I hate being hungover it's such a drag. I find that Advil migraine actually can help...that is if you can keep it down, ugh.

Great to catch up on your blog and how things are around here...

See ya later!
Candy
http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/

9/06/2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

hey baby!
Sorry, I've been more than negligent in both posting and visiting other blogs and remembering to post.

I'll be around, and posting again soon, promise!

9/09/2006 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home