Friday, August 25, 2006

Figures

Beckett finally is pitching the way we know he can and he leaves the game due to an injured wrist. (update - turns out it was his finger, not his wrist. This is what happens when I can't watch the game but instead get updates from MLB.com, who said he left the game w/an injured wrist - but hey, a cut finger's a hell of a lot better!)

Well crap. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing, kinda like Manny's knee, and he'll be back for his next start, hopefully to continue this max one run kind of outing that he finally showed us again tonight.

The Sox game is still going, but considering the Twinkies and the White Sox both won tonight, not helping us in the wild card race, hopefully we'll get the win and gain a game on the Yankees since they lost tonight (thank you, Seattle, just be sure to lose to us in a day or so...).


Postscript: We Love the Papelbon! Good man, Jonathan. Sox win!!!!

OK, we're making progress. Baby steps, sugar.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Hi..glad to see you're more upbeat, and it wasn't Josh's wrist but a small cut near the nail of his right middle finger. You know, THAT finger. And I added a top 100 site vote clickable thingy to my blog. Could you check it out, maybe vote, and let me know? Your opinion is important to me Jess. Always will be. From the pouring rain, Peter. Just leave a comment on my latest post telling me what you think. Thanks agan.

8/25/2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, I think you wrote this comment as I was updating the whole wrist/finger thing.
Glad it's nothing serious though.

8/25/2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Well, this is me on Sat. early afternoon..63 degrees, cloudy degrees. I wanted to check in as I'm your biggest fan. And thank you for your vote. WMP's outfield defense???.....don't ask!

8/26/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger BklynSoxFan said...

Thanks for checking out my site, Jess, through my friend Peter. I like your site as well.

Always keep hope alive...

8/26/2006 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home