Sunday, August 13, 2006

One game back!

Ok, two for the wild card but hopefully, after next weekend, that won't have to be such an issue.

It wasn't pretty, and thank goodness for three-run, and grand slam homers since, man, does our pitching need some tweaking.
Our poor bullpen has been getting run through the ringer of late, and boy does it show, but it all worked out! We won against, swept that is, the Orioles, the Yankees lost and we're right back in the mix.
Still, it was pretty ugly getting there. Despite everything, though, we came through with the W. Papelbon had a rough time. Pitching a very uncharacteristically 30+ pitches for two outs (and two walks along the way).

But I'm not complaining. Not a bit. Just hoping that they'll have a few days of stressfree rest before facing the Yankees for, what, five, games? Games that will, if not decide, set the tone for what will hopefully be a very promising post-season for our dear Red Sox. The next few days will certainly not be easy though, considering we'll be facing the Tigers who, between licking their wounds after getting beat up on by the other Sox, and seeking vengeance against any team with the word "Sox" in their name, will no doubt, be out for blood.

Ah well, if nothing else, I know all my Chicago friends will be pulling for my Sox for a change.

I'd type more but, frankly, since I had to watch the game via updates on my computer, I can't say too much. But, yay!!!!

Ok, I'm starting a new temp gig in the morning. It doesn't start til 9 but since it's somewhere near Guam (ok, the southwest side of Chicago - I live on the north side) I'll be departing around 7 to get there in time. If nothing else, it's always good to be early on the first day, right? Go work ethic!!! Hire me full time please! This uncertainty and inconsistency that is typical with temp jobs is starting to wear on me a little. It'd be nice to have something steady for a change. - Read as: More than three weeks worth of work? Please?

Well, if nothing else, I'm retiring in a good mood. Aprehensive, maybe a little nervous, but pleased nonetheless.

Good night, all.
Go Sox!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Have fun in Guam...what a fun place! And yesterday's neverending game? Nice, but tough to watch until it was over.

8/14/2006 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home