Saturday, August 05, 2006

The good with the bad

First the good, hell, great. Papi! Kapler! Pap! Youk! even Schill. All combined for a tough/gritty/exciting 3-2 win over the Rays.
The bad? Well, the Yanks won too, even though it looked like the O's might pull out a win for us. Mirabelli's hurt. Hell, everyone's hurt it seems like.
What we have to remember is this - Times like these prove just how good a ballclub is.
Remember how the Yanks beat us w/half their roster hurting earlier this season? Yeah, I don't like to remember it either, but it scared the crap out of me as far as things to come once they became healthy again.

I want us to do the same. To instill fear and dread in teams we will be facing in the coming months. I want them to see us kick every form of ass while we're hurting and then, get healthy as we turn our eyes on them (yes, I'm talking to you, NY).

Seems plausible enough to me. Anyone else? Oh come on!


Now, for my kvetch of the day. I'm sick again. I thought it was just a summer cold but after last night it's a full on summer flu. Again.
Now with the fever, cough etc, I'm trying to take some cold medicine like a good girl. Anyone want to explain to me why, when you've already got a sore throat, the DayQuil geltabs are the size of horse pills? Just wondering.

Off for more water and bedrest.

Go Sox!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home