Monday, July 31, 2006

Oh my, how we do love Papi!

You know, I was all ready to post tonight about my pure disappointment that we didn't do anything to take care of our pitching quandry prior to the trade deadline.

This is still, most definitely, a gripe, but one that I will set aside for the moment to proclaim:

Papi is the MVP, goddammit!
I don't care if he is the DH, this is one time too many for him to be cast by the wayside and disregarded for potention season MVP status.
This is a man who, time and time again, be it clutch or otherwise, pulls through for his team like no one I've ever seen.
Never mind the 100+ RBI's prior to the beginning of August (almost unheard of in the Sox house), never mind the uber clutch hits he pulled two years ago to keep us in the running against the Evil Empire, never mind all of that! This is a man who, time and time again, has proven his prowess, his, well, everything, when it counted, when it didn't count, hell, when his teammates and fans could just use a reprieve and a smile.

We love the Papi!

And that's all I have to say.
I'm going to bed now, safe in the thought that the entirety of RSN agrees with me, even though 99.99999999999999999% hasn't heard/read a thing I've said/typed.

Go Sox!

PS - Still concerned about our lack of pitchers. We're coming into the home stretch. The Yanks just made their team stronger (go figure) we sat still. I'm thrilled that we didn't move Loretta or Lowell, but I'm really, seriously, as a heart attach concerned about our pitching situation looking into the end of the season and (hopefully) the postseason.

I remain, as always, ever true. Fingers and toes crossed. Let's hang on. Hell, lets pull ahead. Please? C'mon boys. Let's keep it going and, oh yeah, preferably, decide a game prior to the bottom of the ninth, yeah? Thanks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Am I the one ten billionth member of RSN, according to your calculations, that DOES read you? If so, I'm honored. And I hope you think of me as #1, just like our dear BIG PAPI.

8/01/2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

That would be you, Peter.
And thanks for reading.

8/01/2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home