Friday, July 14, 2006

Now I'm getting peevish

We lost yesterday, fine.
It wasn't even Lester's fault, although the kid really needs to learn not to put himself in a position to get out of that many jams.

But today? What the hell?

It's only the top of the 4th.
We're down my 4, as in 4-0 and Beckett's almost at 80 pitches. Fine, so Lester had more pitches yesterday by this point, but he also had three fewer runs.

I'm irritated. Irritable. Annoyed, if you will.
I'm actually glad right now that I don't have anyway to watch this play out on TV.
Could you imagine? Given how pissy I am right now?

If nothing else, I hope it doesn't go into extra innings, unless it is to yield a win for us.
I have to go to work tomorrow morning too, so I'd rather not wake up tired and pissed off two days in a row.

*sigh*

Ok, ok. Let's focus on the good things, yes?
White Sox are playing the Yankees, and I think it's more likely for the Yanks to lose the series of games to the White Sox than it is for us to lose a series to Oakland, so if nothing else, we'll stay in the lead, regardless of tonight's outcome.
More importantly: It is only the 4th inning. We've turned things around later than this before.

Ok, yeah, I'm going to cling to that last one.
In the meantime, I've got some dvd's to catch up on.
It's all about TV series lately. I was tasted up for some TV Sci-Fi.
No, not Star Trek - I watch that all the time since the roommate has them.
I got Quantum Leap. Season one right now, but something tells me I'll be up on the whole series before long.
Good times.

Alrighty then. I've momentarily typed myself out of a bad mood.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home