Saturday, July 08, 2006

I am so proud of our bullpen

These are the days when you really appreciate the unsung heroes of baseball teams.
Too often the scapegoats in games gone wrong, albeit often deservedly so, our boys really came through in a pinch today to get Beckett his win against the White Sox.

Bases loaded, nobody out, Beckett comes out of the game in the seventh with a three run lead and the heart of the White Sox order to be faced.
Lopez and Hansen got it done, and Pap finished them of by finishing the eighth and closing out the ninth.

I am indeed a happy camper.

It seems that all these great things happen in bundles.
I get a job, get to go to two out of three Sox-Sox games, with the third nationally televised so I don't have to miss it.
Well, it's about time, I think.

Tomorrow, Schilling going for the sweep. I'll be in the nosebleeds, but I'll be there, and that's all that matters to me right about now.
Everything's coming up Milhouse.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

I told you we'd win 2 of 3...now there's a chance of a......of a.....of a sweep. You are the lucky charm. It's Saturday night, nothing to do, and I was feeling down. And then I read your post. All better. And I did see the first 7 innings of the game, and on my way for pizza (the best) and beers, I heard Paps nail it down! What joy! Be happy Jess. I am.

7/08/2006 7:47 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Awwwwwww, shucks.
Thanks, Peter.
Hopefully I really am the charm.
Granted, I'll be a little far removed tomorrow, what with sitting in section, 554 I think?
We'll see.

Sorry you weren't having the most jovial of evenings. Hope things have turned around for you.

I'm thinking of you anyway, for what it's worth. Take care.

7/08/2006 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home