Saturday, June 17, 2006

A nice, quiet Saturday night

In deference to my week of the flu, I've chosen to stay in and be a good girl tonight. The last thing I need is to relapse going into two weeks of visiting with the family. Besides, Dave's out of town, so I can relax on the couch to watch instead of relinquishing control to him as I retreat to my room while he plays shoot-em-up games on his PS2.

So it was, with a bottle of wine and some nicely marinated chicken w/rice and veggies that I sat down to watch the first of my Netflix for the weekend.

The Motorcycle Diaries. Really a very good film.
I can't say too much right now, as I prefer a significant post film debriefing/processing time. But suffice to say, it was quite impressive and provided some keen and, at times, quite moving insight into the man Ernesto who would one day be known simply as Che Guevara.

At any rate, highly recommended.
Not sure which I'll watch next, if anything, after all, hockey's on, and the Oilers have a 1-0 lead in the second. Go Edmonton!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Wow, an ex-Whaler non-fan. But that's OK. There are many people here in Hartford who still feel the bitter sting of losing the Whalers. Me, I'm a baseball guy. But seeing NHL hockey 12 minutes from my living room was so great. One game left. I'll bet you a buck Carolina takes game seven. I'm pretty sure you're good for it, Jess. Oh, and I wrote a Dad's Day/Baseball post this Sunday morning. If you could stop by and take a minute, that would be nice...take care, and the HOT weather has arrived in the Northeast, blacked out yesterday for the Sox, but no more. Until the Fox affiliate makes another WRONG decision. And thank you for your summary of the game, because I think you knew I was without picture, but I still had the radio. And GOOD DAY SUNSHINE has turned into WHEN I'M 64. Happy B'day Paul. I can't believe it's been that many years.

6/18/2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Well, truth be told, I'm not really an Edmonton fan, I just would prefer to see them win over Carolina.
Fact of the matter is, I don't approve of hockey in warm weather states.
After the Stars moved from Minnesota to Texas, my friend Dave and I forever repeat the mantra: There's no hockey in Texas!
Anyway.

6/18/2006 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home