Monday, June 12, 2006

On the brighter side....

I just got back from my nice little 5 mile parallelogram of a walk around Lakeview and Wrigleyville.

Feeling good.

During my walk, I passed by, count 'em, six random people wearing Red Sox caps of varying shades/age/etc. I don't know, it just made me feel happy, and a little more optimistic for the coming week after what could be called a lackluster weekend set of games.

Yay!

Anyway, I'll be at Ten Cat tonight, for pool league. Mmmmmm....pool.
It's always a good time. It's a team that only exists during the summer session, although there are always multiple teams year round out of Ten Cat, since it is truly one of the best places to shoot pool other than a pool hall.

Our team is made up entirely of women. We all know each other from other nights of pool leagues where we often found ourselves the only females on our respective teams (I always called myself the mascot when that was the case) so we thought it would be fun to take the shorter, summer session and have a reason to hang out.
It's a good set of players and a fantastic group of people.
It's odd, it's only now that I can honestly say I have lots of female friends. Through at least my late twenties, just about all my friends were guys.
Suffice to say, I have more surrogate brothers than I can count.

So I'm looking forward to a fun night with the chicks.

Postscript: A couple hours later. Yeah, I'm not going out tonight.
Lack of cashflow's a rockabilly bitch from hell.

I think I have enough for a couple loads of laundry, so there's my suddenly, awe-inspiringly, fun-ass Monday night for you.

Ah well, there's always hockey to be watched, and that's free, so there you have it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candy Minx said...

Hey hope you have a fun night sounds liek you will! And Hope your Sox do well for your sake too.

Just popping by to say hi!
Candy
http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/

6/12/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Thanks Candy, always a treat!
No doubt I'll see you at the Globe sometime.

Cheers!

6/12/2006 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home