Saturday, June 10, 2006

It'll take a lot

to change my mind about Tavarez.

I didn't like him when he was with the Cardinals, and I sure as shit don't like him now.

Unlike other bullpen artists including, surprisingly enough, Seanez, who I've warmed up to, I still pretty much always swear out loud when I see Julian, the snake man, being left in for more than a fraction of an inning.

Not a fan.
Never mind the fact that the first game of the doubleheader, which was supposed to make up for a rainout, was rained out.

Ah well, if nothing else, the Yankees lost today too, so no ground was lost.
And, I was, if not impressed, left hopeful after seeing the initial outing of our young prospect. He's not there yet, but he did about as well as Tavarez, and didn't get the loss.

Went to the Cell for the White Sox game, which they won in extra innings. Good for them. I'm more than willing to root for them til July, when my boys come to town.

Now I'm tired.

In lieu of going to the gym, I got off the train several stops early on the way back from the game and walked, to try to salvage some supposed workout from the day.

Not even three miles, but almost which, considering the beer taken in at the game, is more than I normally would've expected from myself.

Bedtime for Bonzo.

'Night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Hey Bonzo, you are just as big a fan of "Julia" as I! If he's such a dickwad, at least he should back it up with great stuff on the mound. But not even that. We will take 2 today, if Josh cooperates. I have great faith for game 2. But Millwood can be tough.

6/11/2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Right there with you, Peter.
Frickin' Tavarez, I don't know what it is about that ass-hat.

Moving along, the first game was frightening, but happy.

Here's hoping for the two game win day.

6/11/2006 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home