Wednesday, June 07, 2006

So much for that

Well, I had the unpleasant news broken to me while at pub quiz that the Red Sox lost, again, in heartbreaking fashion.
Still haven't brought myself to read the wrap. I'm just going to snap my fingers and pretend it didn't happen. Again.
Unfortunately, looking at the division standings doesn't make that come to fruition.

Ah well.


Last night pub quiz was pretty packed. We had to bring in two extra tables from the front bar to accomodate the 54+ people we had in attendance.

It was a good night. Got a chance to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in months, so all in all, despite the Sox, and ok evening.
Pub quiz is always a good time, though. I enjoy seeing/hearing the reaction to the questions Dave and I write. Some groans, some laughs.
Nothing like a little cardio for your cranium, with beer!

I'm off. Back to the gym. Out damn toxins, out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Jess, please inform me about the type of quiz the pub has...I'm familiar with some of the "at the bar" type of quiz games, and I'm really good. In fact, I was on Jeopardy too long ago. A one day winner (holy shit!) and then out. Let me know.

6/07/2006 12:07 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Dang, that's pretty impressive!
Actually, last night we had one of the Jeopardy college champions playing on the team that (surprise, surprise) won.
We basically have 7 rounds, including one match round and one picture round. The other rounds vary from week to week, with the final round being general knowledge.

There's a link in my previous post that takes you to the pub quiz site. It shows all the questions for a given week with the answers in the comments section.

The address is http://tgpqb.blogspot.com/

which stands for the globe pub quiz blog. It's a fundraiser that we do weekly to raise money for the MS Society of Illinois.

Good times. I think you'd like it if you were ever in the area on a Tuesday.

Cheers!

6/07/2006 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home