Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Oven fresh Jess

This would be I think day three of miserable humidity and temps in the mid eighties.
I think it's day three, maybe four, but I can't be sure, since I lost my mind a little over a day ago. The Jew 'fro is a little out of control too. Feeling like a very poorly maintained poodle at present.

Crazy curly hair doesn't like this weather any more than I do.
Dave and I went yesterday and bought a couple of fans to at least get the air circulating.
The problem with $20 fans on sale for $13? Not very effective, although I did enjoy standing in the frozen food section for a while.
Nonetheless, with assistance from two fans, I managed to get more than two hours of sleep last night. Still not much assistance for my sanity.

The landlord got back from his weekend today, so he finally heard my pleas.
Help should be on it's way tomorrow, if not later today.

A little late in the game, but I'll take it. Of course, it's supposed to be back in the seventies tomorrow, but that's not the point.
Help is on it's way. My new mantra for the day.

I'll be out at pool league tonight anyway, so hopefully the bar will be well-airconditioned.
Pool. Beer. Baseball in the background. It won't be the Red Sox, but the White ones instead, but I'll enjoy knowing that Josh is pitching tonight, so hopefully I'll come home to a winning box score.
Now, if the Tigers would just cooperate and beat the Yankees, well, that, plus a Red Sox win, plus a pool team win, plus a fixed air conditioner, and I'll officially be done kvetching for the week. And it's only Tuesday!

Now, here's hoping that all the pieces of my master plan fall into place accordingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home