Monday, May 22, 2006

Did you really have to make it interesting?

Ok, so I've just returned home from the bar around the corner, one which I was planning to leave a few innings ago thinking that 9-1 was enough of a cushion for the Red Sox.

Enter Foulke, who enabled a four run top of the ninth to bring it to 9-5.
Still not panicked, but definitely, repeat, definitely annoyed as all get out.

I'll leave it at this.
We won 9-5, gaining a full win lead in the standings against the Yankees.
Curt's had a rough month of May, so I'm very happy for him, and his performance for the night.
Still, I've got a coupla bones to pick.
Never mind not waving in the first run of the game when the ball was bobbled in the outfield. I'll let it go.

I'm happy, honest I am. Just a little peevish, with a side of bliss.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Amen. I just hope it's not Keith's knees that are acting up. He's been good in the role he's been forced into, and we need him to "hold the fort" with Timlin to get to Paps.

5/23/2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hopefully it was just an anomalous outing for him. I mean, he did get the first two outs before that pseudo-rally.

Hrm. It'll be okay. I just love that, coming off a win, it's my only real gripe. Beats trying to rationalize a loss.

5/23/2006 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home