Friday, May 19, 2006

Cubs lost? I'm shocked!

yep, the Cubs lost.
After another morning rain shower, it cleared up enough for me to walk down to Wrigley Field to meet my friend Alpa for the game.
I was pleased as punch as this would be my first game at Wrigley in almost two years, plus I hadn't had a chance to hang out with Alpa for far too long.
Our tickets, which I didn't know as I got dressed in the morning, were in section 512. That's right, very much upper deck. It was under a canopy type dealie and created a sort of wind tunnel, added to the fact that it was only fifty degrees or so to begin with.
Just a little chilly.
Still, the game started out promisingly enough.
This was Kerry Wood's first game back from rehab.
First inning - strike out, ground out, strike out. He got a nice standing O for that.
Second inning - three run homer. Ah well.

And it went down hill from there. Cubbies threatened a comeback scoring three runs late in the game, but the final was Nationals 5 Cubs 3. Ah well.
A good time was still had by all.

My boys had the day off yesterday, during which the Yankees lost (woo hoo!) so first place is ours again heading into interleague weekend.

Lets see it boys. I'm watching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home