Sunday, May 14, 2006

Don't drink and type - a cautionary tale

This morning was one I knew to dread the moment my eyes opened.
"ok, what was the extent of my inebriated stupidity last night?" I wondered to myself as I approached my computer.

You see, I have a tendency to be far too honest when tipsy, and for lack of an outlet in person, I venture to my computer.

Last night, the roommate, a friend of ours and I went to the bierstube near our apartment. Normally I drink some vodka drink, but that night I drank hefeweizen. A lot of it.
History has shown that for some reason (I blame the tall glassware) I get tipsier faster from this beer. It also doesn't hurt that I drink faster when not smoking and since I'm no longer smoking, well, you get the idea.

I go home, and drink a little more. I know, I'm not bright sometimes.
This time, vodka.

Now, a little bit of backstory.

I have a friend, well a former friend/fuckbuddy who I haven't seen in awhile.
The situation was such that we either became a couple or stopped altogether, so we stopped altogether and unfortunately lost the friendship we had started with.
The loss of friendship is the part I regret, so recently, I have tentatively been sending emails back and forth with him.

Fast forward to this morning.
Check my email. My sent messages file.
Dammitt, I did it again. I sent him a very discombulated, disjointed and well, pretty pathetic sounding email, bemoaning the fact that we weren't friends anymore. There's more, but I don't have to share everything here do I?
Needless to say, I sent an addition to said email this morning, apologizing, disclaiming, what have you.
Felt a little stupid. Sheepish maybe? I dunno. Felt like an idiot.

So I go to the gym.

An hour and a half on the treadmill does help clear out some toxins.
Still feel like a putz, though.
For the time being, I've deleted him as a contact. Not because I don't want to contact him, but because I don't want to make a fool out of myself the next time I am less than responsible in my alcohol intake.

There should really be a blood alcohol lock on my keyboard or something.

Anyhoo, no Sox game yesterday or today. There's some kind of monsoon hitting the east coast.

Anyway, Mom's been called. That's enough for me to have accomplished today. Yep, no flowers, just a call to Massachusetts. Good enough. She just likes to hear from me, and I really don't call her enough. Must remedy that.
In any case, I'll be there next month so we'll have plenty of time to catch up in person. We're both kinda quirky on the phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home