Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Reserve your couch space now

Apparently, Chicago is currently making a bid for the 2016 Summer Olympic Games.
Yeah, I'll hold my breath on that one.

Don't get me wrong, I think that would be tremendous, especially if I'm still living in Chicago in ten years. (Hell, lack of employment hasn't kicked me out, chances are I'll still be here)
For all I know, it might actually get my parents to come visit me for the first time since I graduated college. It'd be a nice change from having to use all my vacation time to visit them.

Nonetheless, not holding my breath.
I think it'd be pretty damn cool though.
I've always been an Olympics junkie. I can't help myself.
Even without cable, I've always watched far more than the average bear when it came to nationally televised events. Can't be exactly certain why, but I do know that when, during Winter break, when we were hanging out in New Hampshire getting ready to go skiing on Loon Mountain we would spend our timeshare time watching the Olympics.
I was hooked from toddler age on.


never mind all that garbage.
I doubt, yet still hope it'll happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home