Thursday, May 04, 2006

They're dropping like flies!

I just got back from the gym.
Just over 6 miles on the treadmill, good for me.

Anyway, I return home and can't find a place to park.
I think my car is somewhere in Guam right now.
The thing is, my apartment is across the street from an Assyrian church.
At any rate, I swear, one of them kicks off at least once a week.
I think this is the third funeral this week, hence, no parking.
I'm not trying to be insensitive or anything like that, it just seems that things aren't going to well for the Assyrian population of late.
However, it's getting warmer out and that means there'll be about one wedding there per weekend, so maybe it averages out.

The weddings are interesting. I've never been to one, but I do know that, as the bride enters the church from her limo, and when the couple leaves after getting hitched, they play some seriously funky music. It's like a cross between Klezmer music, and drum banging. Hard to describe.

In any case, I think I'm over last night's loss.
Walked it out of my system. And there you have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home