Saturday, April 29, 2006

More than a feeling

I don't know why, but I thought the Sox would win tonight.
Despite their recent skid.
Despite their starting pitcher.

Happy to be right. It hardly ever happens, but when it does, well I'm pleased as punch.

DiNardo performed as I expected, allowed four runs in three innings.
Foulke was lights out in the seventh, allowed one in the eighth and, wouldn't you know it, the Sox bats woke up to take the lead for the first time in the ninth.

All you need now is what I've come to rely on. The sweet arm of Papelbon.



Three batters, fourteen pitches and three (count 'em!) three strikeouts later, a much needed W. (Not to mention this pic cracks me up. Go on, Wild Thing!)
Pap got his tenth save in ten attempts too, with an ERA of a somewhat impressive 0.00.

Now if we could just win when we're supposed to, you know, when the good pitchers are starting? That'd be fabu. Not bitching yet. I'm content for the night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

K K K karma.....you CALLED it kiddo....How about a Schill masterpiece AND the bats today. Sounds good....have fun.

4/30/2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like a plan.
Think it might be time to upgrade to watch the actual game on my computer instead of the updates.

4/30/2006 12:06 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

The plan didn't work out. Please think of another one, and let me in on it.

4/30/2006 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home