Saturday, April 29, 2006

waking up like barry white

This seems to happen every time I go out, and stay out later than intended.
I wake up sounding like Barry White. Very hoarse. Very raspy. Moving a little slow today.

So, I was hanging out with Dave last night, and ended up tagging along to a birthday party of someone he works with who I've never met.
At any rate, the party was at a dive-like karaoke bar called Louie's.
And now the fun begins.

Only managed to get a couple of songs in, but they were well received.
Son of a Preacher Man, of course, since I can't go out and sing karaoke without it.
And Love is a Battlefield. I felt like I had woken up a lot of pissed off chicks when i started singing that one. Suddenly, I've got a shitload of angry women high fiving me.
It wasn't my intention. I just thought I could pull it off, it being in my vocal range.

At any rate, it was a good night. I always enjoy it when I hang out with a bunch of people I've never met before and end up feeling comfortable among them before departing.

Good times. Now, back to bed or coffee? Better go with the coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home