Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Someone out there listens, well, reads

Maybe it wasn't just me who informed them, but Deadspin, a site I love, has recently been asking readers to send in info about video scoreboard races in ballparks and other sports arenas around the country. I sent them an email about the Chicago Wolves, our minor league hockey team, which I love. Well lookie here!

In the notes part in the extended article, they use my words exactly to explain why they use Harry Caray.
I'm sure someone else told them about it too, but for now, feeling special.

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Clemens to Yanks just about a done deal? See my blog Jess.

4/25/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

And Deadspin picking up your story. Hey, you're getting famous.With non-smoking will power, you'll be President soon! Talk to ya soon....

4/25/2006 10:32 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Now, if only I could use my powers for good.

4/25/2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger Moderator said...

Supposedly, Michael Jordan and Horace Grant used to bet on the scoreboard races during timeouts. But, unbeknownst to Grant, Jordan would find out before the game which character was going to win every night and bet on that. Supposedly he made some decent money until Grant figured out Jordan was cheating.

4/25/2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

How classy of MJ.
Like he really needed the cash.

4/25/2006 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home