Friday, April 21, 2006

On to more pertinent things....

Ok, so I went a little overboard today. I went shopping. Not a good idea for any number of reasons.
First off, I'm a large girl. The self-esteem doesn't exactly soar when you are forced to try on clothing in small confined spaces with large mirrors.
Second, I'm a little bit destitute. Downright broke. Can't afford groceries, much less clothing at this point. But you gotta do what you gotta do because:
I have a job interview coming up on Monday.

I don't own any really nice work/interview clothes in my current size. I have a couple nice suits from when I was ever so slightly smaller, but that serves me not at all when it comes to looking professional on Monday.

So, I hit the gym and then the fat lady store, aka: Lane Bryant
Then, they're having a sale. So, spawn of Satan retail sales chick steps in and starts pushing everything on me. Rather than indulging her, I quickly picked out far too many pieces and got out of there.
Let's just say I'm not looking forward to my next credit card bill. Maybe I'll have a job by then.
Crossing my toes on that one. We'll see.

Sox v. Blue Jays tonight. Should be a stunnah! Beckett going for his fourth win to tie Schilling for the 4-0 record. Per usual, I'll be watching it on my computer. Update by update.

Hrm, not for a few hours. Maybe I'll grab a cocktail before the game. It's been awhile since I haven't trusted myself to be around smokers, but it's been almost two weeks. Maybe I'll give it a shot. I'll leave if the temptation starts to get the better of me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Give yourself some credit..I only have a minute to take in your blog, but I did follow your Red Sox comment (Oh, the horror!) of last night's game, and just wanted to say hi. I have a blog, just click on my name. And have no fear, if you want to lose weight, you WILL. Just my guess....take care.

4/22/2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hey Peter. Thanks for the support. Everything in baby steps. Too bad last night's game ended, well, shittily. I'm all for nail biters, but prefer them when they end in our favor.

4/22/2006 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home