Saturday, April 22, 2006

Everything in Balance

Failure and success. Let's start with failure.
My Red Sox blew it in 12 innings last night. A nail biter and all, but with the wrong ending.
Timlin, Foulke, Seanez. Yeah well crap. Hopefully that'll be the last one run game they lose for awhile, Hell, for the season! On to this afternoon's game. Haven't been able to put too much faith into DiNardo yet, but, at least it isn't Wells.
As for success. I did go out yesterday, went to The Globe, my favorite bar around the corner from my apartment. Said hi to Tara the fabulous bartender who scolded me for not being in in a while, until she found out why. Today is day 14 of not smoking and the success factor is such that I think I can almost safely say now that I am a non-smoker. I sat at the bar, chatting with my friend Ed for three hours as he smoked 3/4 of a pack of smokes - right next to me. I never even came close to bumming one from him. So, I'm feeling a little proud of myself. However, the one thing I did notice was that, without the intermittent diversion of smoking, I drink a LOT faster. So, after three hours I was a little toasted and very happy to be stumbling distance from home.
Timing being everything, just as I got home, my roommate and best friend Dave was just taking off to go drink. Two Libras. All balance. More later. Going for a walk before the game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Cig and drinking go so togeher. You have will power. I gave up smoking long ago, but still enjoy a beer or four during a game, or LOSt, or......oh well, no one's perfect.

4/23/2006 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home