Monday, April 24, 2006

Am I getting my hopes up?

I prefer not to think so. Nonetheless, I had what I think I can safely characterize as my best interview ever. Or, as Comicbookstoreguy would say: "Best. Interview. Ever!" I could be fooling myself and the chick who interviewed me is just ridiculously personable. However, I found myself flying through the tough questions, getting the approving nod when I was critical, yet graciously tactful regarding former employers, and by the end of it, we were both laughing like old friends.

The icing on the cake would be that this company is the top competitor of one of my former employers. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....sweet. Me? Bitter? Vengeful? Never! Although, one of my favorite coworkers from that time now works where I interviewed today as well, although in a suburb of Chicago. But, she is well respected and is number one on my reference list. More rounds of interviews should hopefully be pending so I'll be keeping my toes crossed.

On my way home popped into one of my temp agencies to give them my newly replaced SSN card so that I could prove that it really was ok for them to give me some assignments. I was actually pretty impressed: I went to the Social Security Administration office on Monday of last week to get a copy of my card (lost the other one some time last year when I changed apartments) and I received the new one day before yesterday! That is the fasted I have ever seen any government office move. Now, if I could just get my tax return that quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home