Monday, April 24, 2006

Riddle me this, Batman (part deux)

Ok, so I totally associate the need to smoke with, say, sex, food, coffee, whathave you, some kind of pre-smoke trigger. I also understand that nicotine leaves your system after three days and that all remains is the oral fixation, which I, with full acknowledgement, volunteer.
What I don't understand is how, after two-plus weeks of non-smoking, without ingesting recently any triggers, I suddenly find myself having more of a nic-fit than I had almost two weeks ago! I am NOT the proverbial happy camper. I know it'll pass, in fact I think it's getting there as I write this, but still.

Just had to share.

If nothing else, at least the Sox have a much deserved night off. Hopefully they're faring better than me. Not that will power from such innocuous temptation is necessarily called for, for them, at such a juncture.

Pfeh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

I can understand the oral thing, but if you can sit in a bar with friends, friends smoking, and not indulge. Well, you have the power. And I'm proud to say we're new bloggy friends. And thanks for stopping by my place. Readership somedays is WOW, and other days, BOO. Coment when it suits ya, but the fact that you read my stuff makes me happy. Jess, I mean that. Tell your friends, too. A nic eguy with a well written blog? That's me, only with the help from good people like you. And if I'm ever in ChiTown, ? Take care.

4/25/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

It's different somehow, y'know? Sitting in bar is one thing, preoccupying myself with the company of others, but at home, with nothing but my roomie who is otherwise involved watching a DVD I've already seen? It's somehow different. Now add beer. I'm an idiot sometimes. But I made it through. Still deadset on maintaining my new non-smoker status.

4/25/2006 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home