Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Beauty of Anticipatory Updates

Now, I know the Sox game isn't over yet, and I only watch the games on computer via MLB.com updates, but goddamn, I love it when I see the words, "ball in play - run scoring play" and I predict correctly just what that play is. Sox v. Indians, currently in the top of the 8th inning. Two on, two out, Manny at the plate. I'm notified of a run-scoring play. So here I am, yelling at my computer "THREE RUN HOMER, C'MON FUCKER, TELL ME IT'S A THREE RUN HOMER!!!!!!" And what update appears on my screen? "Manny Ramirez homers on a fly ball to right center field. Kevin Youkilis scores, David Ortiz scores."
Ah yes, 'tis a dang beautiful thing.

I'm sorry Schill won't get the win, but, y'know? It's ok, as long as we win it in the end. And it's not a loss for him, so still a great starting record.

I know, I know, the game's not over yet, gotta be getting back to it.

In the meantime, I'm awash in the warm glowing warming glow of the MLB.com website as I await what I predict will be save #9 by the fab Pap and the continuance of a new winning streak for my beloved boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home