Sunday, April 30, 2006

So. Very. Sluggish

My mood is already fairly pissy, given the combination of a Sox loss and a Yanks win. Add to it the lethargy that accompanies crappy weather.
After being spoiled last week by lovely sunshine and warm breezes, it's a dreary, drizzly, cool day here in Chicago.
Watched some hockey. Ate a salad.
And now I'm here, for no other reason than to remain upright, for if I were to allow myself to go back to watching TV, I'd fall asleed and find myself awake for the bulk of the overnight.

Unfortunately, I have nothing of value to contribute to the blogosphere with this time.
Kept pseudo-tabs on what the Patriots were doing with the draft, knowing that, in the end, Belichick will prove to have been wise in the end. Coach. Guru. I have all the trust in the world in him and his decisions. For now. I miss Vinatieri.
But football is months away, so I'll reserve any judgement for now. Just trying to distract myself from making judgements regarding baseball.

Spoke to my parents briefly. They still live in Massachusetts and are expecting me to visit sometime this summer, while my grandmother (babcia in polish) is visiting from Poland.
Of course I intend to, especially considering she's 85 (I think) and the only grand-level relative I have left. I'm also planning to coordinate it with my brother and his wife so that we're all there at the same time. They live in DC for now, but are moving after the summer for a new job.
Here's the problem, or hope. I'm hoping to have a job by then, and chances are I'll have prorated vacation time, if any. So, not sure if or when I'd be able to make the trip. Worst case scenario, I won't have to worry about it because I won't have a job. Best case: I'll have a killer job and an understanding manager. Who knows?
Toes still crossed.

That's it for now. The well is dry. My brain fell asleep before I started typing.
Time to work on a Kakuro puzzle. Cardio for my cranium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home