Monday, May 15, 2006

Home away from home

After being rained out for two and a half games, my boys went "on the road" to Camden Yards to play the Baltimore Orioles.
Speaking succintly, this is as good as, if not better than playing at home.
We own the O's.
We were already up 8-1 going into the 9th, then added three more.
Josh settled into the kind of game I expected from him all along, despite a line drive home run in the first.

They should be paying us rent. This would be 7 in a row this season, never mind the streak dating back to last season.

We, well, the Sox, kick ass on so many levels there.
A well spent, weather induced, hiatus.

11-1 final. (and currently, the Yanks are losing) 'Nuff said.

PS - I was happy to be able to actually watch the game on ESPN at my local bar, but got rockabilly pissed off every time they cut to see Barry Bonds' at bat.
Personally, I hope he never gets another home run. Walk him 'til he retires.

And a happy Jess calls it a night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

You arn't the only one. Although I was NESN'ing it. I have many friends who missed minutes of the Baltimore festivities. Hope all is well Jess.

5/16/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Ah NESN.
I'm already looking forward to visiting the family partially because of it.
All is well, thanks Peter.

5/16/2006 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home