Thursday, May 25, 2006

That's a little more like it

So, we lost the games that I wanted us to win, and that I thought we should maybe win (I thought we should win w/Wakes, lose w/Clement - lost both).

But at least we won the one that we had no business losing.

That was tonight.

Beckett taking on the often expectant losers Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Not to malign their playing but, honestly, when that city shows up in the schedule I fully anticipate a victory.

Beckett was pretty damn impressive.
Pap wasn't perfect (geez, what the hell kinda expectations do we have for this kid? Oh yeah, the kind he's earned), but he got the job done without anymore runs to earn his 16th save.
The kid's a monster. And my favorite kind, next to the green one.

More importantly, with the Yanks having the night off, this allows us to extend our lead back to one full game in the division.

Here's hoping (assuming? too much? I don't think so.) that this is the beginning of a nice long winning streak.

I'd write more, but I'm tired. Go figure.
Seems to be a lot of that lately. Pfeh, I see the doctor next month. I'll worry about it then.

Cheers all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home