Tuesday, May 23, 2006

If you're us and we're you, then what number are we thinking of?

I only ask because, today, my dad is, 69 dude!

He's a theorhetical physist, Polish immigrant, so he wouldn't get the reference, not that he knows my blog exists but nonetheless.

Happy birthday Dad!


It's kinda funny, actually. I called him today, and he attempted some American rhyme-oriented humor. Case in point:

Hey Dad, Happy Birthday! How are you?
(response)

I'm Feeling Fine, I'm Sixty-Nine!


There's my Dad ladies and gents, just a moment away from saying that he's a poet and that he don't know it.

Nonetheless, love the man to death. Smartest man I know. Seriously. Brilliant, to the point of social awkwardness. I tend to think that's where I get it. The social awkwardness, not the brilliance.
Not that I'm awkward, goodness no. Just misunderstood by the less educated, or not sarcastically versed. Yeah, that must be it.

As to baseball, I'm going to snap my fingers and pretend today never happened.

Plausible? Even if not, I'm rolling with it.

And oh, by the way, not commenting on tonight's game because, well, honestly, not comment-worthy.
Poot.
That's ok.
Something tells me we'll still win the series come tomorrow.
Even if we don't (which we will!) we'll still have a winning record against the Yanks this season. So there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

It's now tomorrow, Wednesday, and happy Birthday to your Dad. The next one is 70. Start planning the party! And enjoy the game tonight.

5/24/2006 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home