Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The no man's land of timing

Got a call this morning for a temp to hire job.
Doesn't pay much, but paid something which currently I care more about.

Didn't get to take the position.
Why you ask? Well, I'm going to Massachusetts in a few weeks and well, it would seem that taking time off that early into an assignment isn't going to cut it.
Understandable, but arrrgh.

So, it would seem I shouldn't plan on getting anything until after July 2nd, which is when I return from my trip to see the family.
This better be one hell of a trip.

Actually, it should be pretty good.
Over time I've been kvetching to my parents about how since 1996 I've never taken a vacation except to see them, or to go to my brother's wedding.
They have yet to visit me in Chicago, either.
Well, this time around, they are taking a vacation within my vacation visit.
My grandmother is already staying there, visiting from Poland.
After my arrival, and my brother and wife's, we all are going to the Cape.
That's Cape Cod to you Midwesterner's.

Should be beautiful. I haven't been there since I was a teen and too pissy to appreciate it. I'll be sure not to make that mistake this time around.

So I guess that's the silver lining I'll be focusing on for now.

Until then, hey, Sox, get your heads out of your collective ass and beat the Jays, would ya?
Thank you.
Should be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home