Sunday, June 04, 2006

Dear old Macalester

My ten year college reunion is/was this weekend.
Needless to say, I didn't go.

There simply didn't seem to be a need, not to mention that I forgot all about it until today.

Fact of the matter is, there's hardly anyone that I'm particularly curious about that I would need to see in person in order to catch. Plus, my favorite person from college is now my roommate, so that takes care of one of maybe five people I'd be curious about.

Add to that that there's certainly nothing brag-worthy going on in my life so attending would only make me feel a little worse about myself, considering that chances are, just about everyone's life from my years there is going better than mine is at present.

You may think I'm overreacting, but let's summarize.
Job? None.
Love life/marriage/kids? None.
Health? Incurable.
Fitness level? Crappy, but working on it.
Satisfaction rating? 0-1, on a scale to 10.

Yeah, definitely not something I feel the need to broadcast to the rest of my graduating class.

Ok, enough self pity. For now. The Sox are holding on to a lead in the 7th, as the Yanks are getting their asses handed to them by (sic) the Orioles. 10-0 in the 5th. Ok, so I do have one thing to be happy about, if only vicariously.


Postscript - Sox win, Yanks lose, Jess pleased.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Hey jess, you left out something....
Job? None.
Love life/marriage/kids? None.
Health? Incurable.
Fitness level? Crappy, but working on it.
Satisfaction rating? 0-1, on a scale to 10
Here it is-----
People who love your writing, especially when the subject is the Sox. 1 (at least). ME.

6/05/2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

Made you smile!

6/05/2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Awwwwww, shucks. Thanks Peter.

And here's to ESPN! I actually get to watch the game tonight.

Go Josh!

6/05/2006 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home