Thursday, July 13, 2006

Perspective

I'll be the first to admit that I often prioritize sports, specifically the teams I root for, over everything else going on in the world.
However, and ironically, between innings, I feel compelled to give myself a slap in the face for a little perspective.

Here's the basic gist of it, and I'll be brief because I have no right to get preachy about anything, least of all the state of the world.
I have a lot of family in Israel.
I'm worried about them, more now than I have been in a very long time.
While what is going on in that part of the world is of front page importance, I find most people on local news as well as just around town talking about a horse.

I feel horrible saying this, but please, a little perspective people.
I don't like to hear about anything bad happening to anyone, human or animal, but frankly, I'm getting progressively irritated.
I hope he's ok, although it sounds like he won't be, but I hope more that resolutions can be made in other parts of the world. I hope more that countless lives won't be lost, and I apologize for prioritizing this hope above my concern for a horse. Sorry if I upset anyone, not my intention, just had to get it out of my system.

*steps off soap box, breaks it into pieces, sets a bonfire, and goes back to watching the game*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home