Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Who needs botox?

Well, aw shucks. That's all I had to say today.
I'll make it brief, since I'm headed off to bed with the hopes that the AL pulls off a win, for what it's worth.

I was at work today (still has a nice ring to it for me, don't worry, the novelty'll wear off soon enough) when the chick who was brought in to help me asked me how old I was.
"Why do you ask?"
"Well, I'm pretty sure I'm older than you, but wanted to know for sure."

Allow me to preface this with the fact that there's no need for either of us to suck up to each other, since we're both hired guns.

"31" I tell her.

"No shit? Dang, ok, well never mind then, and don't tell anyone that, 'cuz you don't look it," she said.

"What do you mean? How old are you?" I asked, of course.

TWENTY-ONE!!!!!!!
hot damn!

Maybe she was full of shit, and granted, she definitely looks older than 21, but, in my mind, definitely younger than me, but regardless, I was grinning for some time thereafter.

Of course, I blame whatever cause on the lack of need of collagen, or botox. Natural, overweight bodyfat does wonders for filling in wrinkles.

Maybe I'll whine about it after the next 45 pounds lost but, until then, I'm downright chipper. Keep in mind, when I was a freshman in high school, people thought I was my brother's older sister visiting from college.
When I was 21 people thought I was in my 30's.
I'm fine with looking my age, but when someone who's 21 thinks she's older than me, well, you can imagine.

Back to the game. Again, not that it really counts, but, you know.
'Night, all.


Ok, postscript: It was too close too the end of the game for me to quit there.
We got the go-ahead run in the top of the 9th, thank you very much and, even without the Pap, we held on, so, provided that all goes according to plan, the Red Sox will have home field advantage during the World Series.

Too soon to say that? I don't think so, and if it is, hey, the world loves an optimist, right?

Now, officially, good happy night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

And I am the eternal optimist. But you know that! And I've always looked way younger than my years. My Dad's genes, I guess. I had fun reading you, as always.

7/12/2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Peter N said...

We start the second half tonight, with a searing heat wave on the way here, and of course in Boston too. 90 miles from my front door. Let's see...without traffic, about 78 minutes. But when is there no traffic? BE HAPPY... Oh, and hi temps Fri-Sun. should be in the mid-90s. AAAHHHHHHHH. With jungle-like humidity.

7/13/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Should be good.
For once, I'm glad I'm not there.
Not to worry, it'll be in the 90's all weekend here.
Oh, btw, I've been stopping by, just not commenting. Good stuff as always.
It's become a bit of a chat room over at your blog. Nothing wrong with that, of course, I just don't have anything to say lately.
Take care.

7/13/2006 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Chicago Liposuction said...

it is very beautiful and nice site.This is a great article to remind all bloggers .this is a very great and nice article.Hotels in London. From flight transfers, to fun days out, we will take care of everything so that when you come to enjoy the Olympic games accommodation you don't have to worry about a thing.

1/06/2012 7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home