Monday, July 10, 2006

Twelve innings without beer and a killer sunburn for that?!

Six and half hours, nineteen innings (I've already mentioned the twelve w/o beer, right?) and we lost.
Truth be told, I'm surprised we lasted as long as we did, what with Tavarez pitching four innings, I thought for sure we'd be sunk before he was done, but in the end it was Rudy that gave up the game winning single with bases loaded.

I'm alright with it, actually. You'd think that in a game with, count 'em, two blown saves I'd be pissier, but for whatever reason, I'm not.
I'm sorry that Pap got another blown save, and his first run allowed on the road.
And I am pretty damn annoyed with Timlin.
I hope Schilling's ok after getting nailed.
Ok, that's it for the downside.

It was a fun day in the park, this time one of my friends, a fellow psycho Red Sox fan, was able to join us so we had a good time.
Also, I have to say that not once did I have any problems with the other Sox fans. I had heard that there were some altercations but I wasn't involved or anywhere near them. Even on the train to and, surprisingly, from games, I was able to have some very amiable chats with them. Of course there were other Red Sox fans there so that helped.

I did not plan well based on our seats. I have what I think is the worst sunburn I've ever gotten on my arms and kneecaps. It was really hard to sleep since I kept accidentally rolling over onto one of my arms. Most painful.
Ah well, the price you pay. It should be better by tomorrow.

Time for coffee, and a few days off for most of our guys.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Holy you know what. I did not know that yesterday's two game in one sitting thingy was the one you were going to. It's probably better that you had water instead of beer, at least for the first 12 innings. I saw the temerature. You are a brave young lady. Oh, and the Red Sox? We're in fine shape, 20 over and just having taken 2 of 3 on their home turf. Actually.....your home turf. Be well.

7/10/2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yeah, yesterday's was a scorcher.
Going to Friday's was a little more satisfying.

All good times.
Take care.

7/10/2006 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home