Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Neighbors are Sadists

Let me preface this with: Yay! Sox win!

Ok, now that that's out of the way.

For some reason, there's a "block party" going on tonight.
I have to put it in quotes because I have no idea why anyone is encouraging this.

They sealed off my block for the day. No one can park. Fine.

During the course of the day, it was going to be about the kids on the block. You know, inflatable swimming pools, all that garbage. That's fine.

But starting around 7 o'clock, we've had a garage band that never should have left the garage playing the same six songs over and over again. Poorly.

It's still going on, and I'm just about going ape-shit.
They just won't stop.

Never mind me, how about all the sub-ten-year-olds that can't go to sleep because of this.

And oh yeah, the "stage" and it's speakers are right outside my living room window.

Did I mention this band SUCKS!?!?!?!

I'm all for crappy karaoke, but at least then you know what you're getting into when you go out, SEEKING IT OUT.

I have no choice in the matter tonight. I chose not to go out because I worked today, I'm tired and was hoping for a quiet evening.
So much for that.
I'm just waiting for it to be over.

On the plus side, we won tonight. Yeah, so the White Sox absolutely sucked against the Yankees, but then, they did lose two out of three against us before the break.

Still, hoping for us to re-extend our lead over the next week.
Yes please.

Good night, such as it is, or at least, it will be, once the crappy-ass music outside my window stops.

GO SOX!

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

I mentioned you in my 2nd Sunday post. Right at the end. Oh, it's at www.dugoutpress.com/redsox as well as my blog. Maybe the White Sox will decide to play today. Ya never know......

7/16/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Candy Minx said...

Hi jess how ya doing? sorry about your shitty night, must be trying in the heat huh?

Just stopping by to say hi! I miss chicago and can't wait to get back..up in Canada visiting friends and family and doing some work.

Did you know that India banned blogging? I'm trying to comment on a s many blogs tonight till I get tired...in honor of our Indian blog friends.

Baseball sure looks good in the face of all the bad news in the world huh?

cheers
Candy
http://gnosticminx.blogspot.com/

7/18/2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Hey Candy, how's Canada?
If it's any cooler up there, it must be great.

Very true on the perspective.
Very grateful for everything these days.

Thanks for stopping by!

7/18/2006 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home