Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Easy come, easy go

So, I'm out of work again. Just like that.
It sucks too, since the temp job I was working was looking pretty promising.
Just last Friday my boss was talking about the timeline for me switching over from being a temp to being an employee.

Then boom. Today, they tell me they're hiring a different person directly. See, this way, they don't have to pay the temp agency extra to end the contract and hire me directly.

I'm more than a little pissed about it.
Never mind that I was starting to get used to getting paychecks again.

*sigh*

Hopefully, another temp job will materialize shortly.

On the bright side, and, believe me, I'm clinging to this right now. The Red Sox won last night. Last late night. Damn west coast games.
But they won, so I take comfort in that.
Hopefully, they'll finish their west coast swing in the same fashion as last night.

More later, once I stop wallowing in self-pity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home