Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Finally!

Jon Lester at long last proved that he doesn't just pitch to get himself out of walk situations.
He actually made it through eight shut-out innings.

Good boy. Good, good boy. (don't worry, I'll start calling him a man someday)

All I can say, it's a good thing it was eight shut-out, considering we only gave him one run of support. But, I can't say enough about this guy tonight. 100 pitched. Eight innings. Good boy. Ok, I'll shut up about that now.


And now, the Papelbon. Ahem, eight, count 'em, eight pitches for the final three outs. Oh yeah. Gotta love our young save-machine.

Well, that's all I have to say. Except, oh yeah, a little cherry on top, not to jinx it, but the Yankees are down 4-2 in the eight. Go Mariners!

Quick postscript: Of course I jinxed it, because clearly a no-name in Chicago like myself has that kind of mad power. Now it's tied up in the bottom of the 9th. One on, two outs, and a rain-delay. Pfeh. I don't care. I'm still happy dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home