Friday, July 28, 2006

Afterglow

I'm still in a great mood this morning, if a little deaf.

I went and saw Muse play at the Aragon last night.
I really don't think I'm overreacting when I say it was quite possibly the very best thing I've ever seen live.
I'm so happy.
To me, going to a performance of a band you love is a great thing to do by yourself. It's kind of a relief, like going to a movie solo - you don't spend the duration glancing at your companion to see their reaction, and you can fully immerse yourself in the event and enjoy it for all it has to offer.

First things first.
The doors were supposed to open at 6 for a show that started at 7:30, so I hopped the train, and got there around 6:05. This may seem early to some, but being a psycho Muse fan, I thought I'd better play it safe and try to get a good spot in the venue, given health issues and all, I was hoping for an actual seat instead of standing in the pit.
So I arrive, expecting the doors to be open. Not so much. There is a line extending down the alley, around the corner and through the strip-mall down the way. So after walking by approximately four hundred people, I took my spot in front of a laundromat at the end of the line. By the time the doors did open, forty minutes later, the line had extended to around to the next strip mall down the way.

Now, here's the beauty part: This was a Thursday night and (ugh) all ages show, but the glorious thing about all age shows is that, once the doors did open, all the braces-wearing, teeny boppers, bee-lined for the pit. How great is that?
So I head upstairs to the balcony area and find myself a choice front row seat in one of the little balcony alcoves. Just beautiful.

I don't know what else to say. This is band that is just fantastic live, even with the less than ideal soundsystem at the Aragon. I was absolutely blown away.

*skips away* la la la! Happy Jess.

(and oh yeah, Go Sox!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

First row balcony! Perfect viewing for us "older" folks. And I was kidding. My head is still in my mid-20's. The body? Mid-30's! The missing decade...who knows? Take care Jess. Made you smile!

7/28/2006 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home