Thursday, August 03, 2006

Serenity now!

So, my dear roommate/best friend took off today for the land to the north. He'll be in Toronto til Monday so today is day one of Jess's weekend of sweet solitude.
Don't get me wrong, love the guy to death, but with both of us not working right now, I think we've been stepping on each other's toes a little bit.
Plus, you know, the apartments mine (all mine!!! Bwa ah ah ah) for the weekend.

Don't know that I have any great plans, but anyway, there you go.

Of course, tonight I will be spending at the bar, as the Red Sox game is on ESPN2 tonight which means I get to watch it.
I'm hoping they'll just get the win flat out, score some runs right away, and that'll be that. I say this because twice this week, I've gone to bed or turned off the computer/tv annoyed, convinced the loss was going to happen, only to wake up and find out that someone fantastic (Papi, Loretta) came through in the bottom of the ninth to win it for us.
Needless to say, it's a fantastic thing to have happen, but I'd rather go to bed in great mood, if that's alright with you and hopefully, the Sox will be accomodating.

What else? Who knows? Sending out a few more resumes, whining a little more, then off to the bar. Have a good night, all.

Go Sox!

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Jess, I clicked on the link to "your bar' and it looks tremendous. Maybe someday, if and when, I'd like to visit, and hoist a brew. Have a great weekend. The house is all yours...be good!

8/04/2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

It's a great little pub, highly recommended.
Sadly, the game wasn't that much fun to watch, but, with any luck, we'll sweep the next three series before our schedule gets tough again.

8/04/2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

If you're still home, it is an unusual night...why? Peter (me) is on the computer after 5pm...who'd a thunk! Have a great night...I'd love to talk to you sometime..peter P.S. 860-677-6162....Big Papi coming up...take care.

8/04/2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I'm still home, albeit reluctantly.
Seems that going out last night gave way to yet another summer cold, so I'm home, convalescing, and not really able to talk.
Water. lots and lots of water.
Now, could we please start beating teams we have no business losing to? Thank you. (and Schilling, one home run, hell, one run is enough for one night, got it?)

8/04/2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Peter N said...

I know..have to win......don't know, though.....hasta tomorrow Jess..bases loaded, just like me...bye

8/04/2006 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home