Sunday, August 06, 2006

At least there's football

I'm still sick. I think that sums it up, but just in case:

I can't breathe.
I'm still over 100 degrees in temp.
It hurts to be vertical.

I guess this is what I get for looking forward to having the apartment to myself for the weekend. I can't enjoy it, but at least my roommate's not getting sick from me.

And there's football to be watched again. It's going on right now.

I love football. I really do. Don't get me wrong, I love baseball, even when the Sox are screwing the pooch like they did today. But man, I adore football. It's the shortest season of any sport and I find myself waiting all year for it.
Granted, baseball is a definitely valued and worthy diversion, but I can't help remembering, a couple years ago, when the Sox won it all. I was without question, delirious with happiness. But at the same time, a little chagrinned that I'd missed out on a few weeks of football in the process. Don't get me wrong, I'd be willing to miss more than a few weeks if it meant of Sox victory, but still.

Aw hell, what am I saying? It must be the fever talking. Back to the couch.
*sniffle*

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Feel better! And I had to disallow anonymous comments on my blog. This will not affect you....you have a blogspot account. Check out the 2 comments I left him, under my latest post. He can't spell, so I think I, the "father" of all the spyware in use now, has done the trick. Agree? I'd love to hear form you. Now get better young lady......Peter

8/08/2006 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home